Friday, March 12, 2010

March 8th Presentation Update


What a great turn-out at the Flint Library on Monday night. Over 70 people attended and a fun time was had by all! It was wonderful to see so many friends and make some new ones!

We talked about how movies can help us through life and showed clips from "Fried Green Tomatoes," "Up," and "Sex and the City - the Movie". We discussed seeing life as a book with chapters yet to be written and making sure you're getting the most out of your life, remembering you're the author and can control what happens next. And we were reminded how music, aromatherapy, travel, and friends are especially helpful ways to feel good. Many people who attended were very interested in the "Fun Local Adventures" section of my webpage to find ideas on how to spend a free afternoon or weekend. I'll be writing about some of these in future blogs and welcome your ideas, too!

My Cookie Central in North Andover provided yummy cookies and cupcakes including such outrageous flavors as espresso mudslide, blackforest, apple/walnut/brie, and s'mores. You have to try these cookies! Tell Michele that Ever After sent you and I'm sure she'll take great care of you! She delivers them right to your door!

A special thank you to Elizabeth at the Library for making all of this possible, and my family and friends for all of their help in making sure the night was a success!

2 comments:

  1. Fried Green Tomatoes is one of my all time favorite books and one of my favorite movies. Have not seen "UP" yet. I want to though. Sex and the City Movie was a fun movie too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, you're going to love "Up" - check it out soon! Haven't read the "Fried Green Tomatoes" book but I'm going to add it to my list - thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete