Sunday, April 25, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies - Guilt-free!

I think there is nothing better for dessert than a warm chocolate chip cookie. My husband, Larry, can bake up a mean batch for us a few times a year - he makes them big and hand-places walnuts in just for me. Now that's what I call love. I'm more of a break and bake Nestle girl - always keeping a package in the freezer for cookies emergencies.

The Boston Chipyard at Faneuil Hall is a must-do when meandering one of Boston's favorite tourist spots. We also love The Local restaurant in Newton - if you can get past ordering their fried pickles, warm homemade chips and dip, or baskets of fries (which we can hardly ever avoid), their dessert includes warm cookies served alongside vanilla ice cream to dip them in. Ahh - pure heaven!

Remember those delish cookies we had at the Flint Library in early March? Michele of Cookie Central in North Andover bakes out of this world cookies! With Mother's Day and Father's Day coming up, you might consider ordering some for gifts for yourself or others. (Yes - YOU deserve a little gift now and then!) She delivers them right to your door in the local area.

Of particular note, with every Cookie Central order until early July, you can buy a giftbox of 6 chocolate chip cookies for only $4 and ALL proceeds go right to help hungry kids. Michele supports Share Our Strength, the leading national organization committed to ending child hunger in America. Now that's what I call guilt-free chocolate chip cookies!!
Where do you find your favorite cookies?

5 comments:

  1. My mom is a great baker and my aunt Monica but we will do the break and bake ourselves too. Chocolate chip cookies is one of our favs. My mom and I will still make them together. It is fun and brings back memories. We actually did it recently. Not a nut person though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like cookie memories, Sarah! I hear ya - reminds me of being a kid, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice - but I have always said the worst thing you can do to a cookie is cook it! I like your blog - walnuts rule!
    -- Michael Saporito

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you're a cookie dough kind of guy?! My boys love cookie dough - but not me. Thanks for checking out my blog. Larry says great things about yours. The best to Gail and your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love cookie dough too but cookies are the best right out of the oven. pretty much all around they are good. not to change the subject from chocolate chip but girl scout cookies are the best. thin mints!!

    ReplyDelete